Thursday 30 June 2016

Nice to Meet You Ox • Dare to DREAM Series


My dream in life is just to create and help others.

- Ox, Fashion Designer
Greenville, SC


T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
  Health and Lifestyle Edition
________________________
________________________

If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?

Jaden Smith because he's just an extraordinary character. He's a natural, like his father and his mother. He's a true actor.




Tell us two things that make you smile.
The Universe and the Moon.




What do you love about yourself?

I know I'm different, and I don't give a fuck. (laughs) I'm always happy, you know. I'm always positive. I love to bring laughter out of people.





What is your to-go herb?
Mary-Jane



What is the first thing you grab when you have a cold?
Hmm. Tissue... to blow my nose. (laughs)



Name two people who influenced your journey thus far 


Childish Gambino; he is inspiring because he’s done so much in little time. He's the best actor / rapper known today. Frozen , the Disney movie. He the best American poet right now. He's just awesome. He’s an all-around guy, his videos are very creative. 


My mother because I have seen her raise 6 kids by herself and stay strong. We were not easily good kids. But the way she kept her character through it all... she’s a phenomenal strong woman. She knew what she had to do.





What are the three destinations of your dreams?

Dubaï, New York, and Africa. I would start in South Africa and Swaziland.




How would you describe your fashion style?
Me. Just being creative. Knowing colours that flow with each other.







What are your two favorite quotes of the moment?

"It’s nothing to it but do it." 

"It’s not what you know, it’s who you know." That’s a classic!



Tell us one thing people would be surprised to know about you. 

(Sigh) I am a goofball. I'm weird. (laugh) I'm a happy goofball. I’m a sweet happy goofball. My love is universal. And love is everything. Not just one thing, you know. It's the way the wind flows, the way the rain falls from the sky. Love is our light, it’s unbreakable. It doesn’t stop. Everyday I send my love to the Moon. My love is out there...



For you, Art is...
…my life. You know what I mean. It’s a voice for me, for the artist. 




What are you thankful for?

Creation.



According to you, what is the purpose of life?

To be all you can be. To be yourself. And just to be happy, stress free. We’re not on earth to be stressed but to be happy, help one another to succeed in life. 






Connect with Ox  here: @quietconfident
Photos, courtesy of Ox.

__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Oyå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment