Thursday 30 June 2016

Nice to Meet You Dae pka Daeizm • Dare to DREAM Series


My dream in life is to learn more about our existence, to help my people and others with the stresses we go through in our personal journeys. To feel liberated and travel with my art, sharing new experiences with  as many people as I genuinely can. (And of course financially fulfillment, as this is how this world seems to work).

-  Dae D. Lee pka Daeizm
From the Los Angeles area
From Inglewood to  Jefferson Park


T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
  Health and Lifestyle Edition
________________________
________________________


If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?


Donald Glover, hands down. I believe he can play the subtlety and chaos in my life seamlessly.



Tell us two things that make you smile.


People laughing and telling me a deep passion or interests of theirs. 
I love to find out about people and what has made them who they are.


What do you love about yourself?

Honestly, I'm a stubborn person. That stubbornness has gotten me into heaps of trouble,
but it also helps with my conviction, my morality, my yearn to better myself. 
I've had plenty of times I've come close to quitting, yet my stubbornness wouldn't let me give in. I believe that there's always another way, even if the reality of it seems bleak. 
So I've come to love it. It's made me the person I am today.




What is your to-go herb?
Depends on what we're talking about, haha.



What is the first thing you grab when you have a cold?
Water! I believe in water being the source of healing.




Name two people who influenced your journey thus far 


My mom.
My mom is one of the most sweetest and introverted souls I know,
she has been my best friend and my best teacher. 
I owe her insurmountably for being willing to share my experiences 
because she taught me to address my emotions with the intent on resolving my angst.

My grandmother, she's been the leader of my entire family. Through her openness and her experiences, she's endured more than most can imagine, 
yet she still finds way to love everyone in her life and share that love with anyone willing to listen. I admire that.



What have you been reading lately?

I've been reading books from James Baldwin and Nikki Giovanni.
I've been interested in learning more of the works from my people.

I want to know the plights, the thoughts, the emotions we share.



What are the three destinations of your dreams?

  • Lagos, Nigeria.
  • Italy.
  • Portland/Seattle



How would you describe your fashion style?
Subtle, relaxed. I tend to go with what feels right, rather than what's in.



What are your two favorite quotes of the moment?


"Always becoming, you've never arrived" - Legendary Duke Coach Mike Krzyzewski
"A man that knows something knows that he knows nothing at all" Erykah Badu.
Those quotes have kept me hoping in my journey of self love and growth.



Tell us one thing people would be surprised to know about you.

I love to make people laugh, I'm goofy and facetious, and my humor plays a part in everything I do. People often think I'm shy or aloof, but I'm a people person and I love to be silly.




What are you thankful for?
Life. My Love. My family; I'm thankful for their contribution to my growth.



For you, Art is...

Life; liberation.

I know no better freedom than the freedom we encapsulate with art.




According to you, what is the purpose of life?

To love. To explore. To search for the wonder within every piece of our lives;

from the mundane to amazing, it all can inspire us, warm us. I wish we expressed the yearn for that more earnestly.





Connect with Daeizm here: @daeizm | Website
Photos, courtesy of Dae

__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Oyå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 

No comments:

Post a Comment