Thursday 30 June 2016

Nice to Meet You Goblin from the boogie down Bronx • Dare to DREAM Series


I think my overall dream is to remain happy, peaceful, and continue connecting with fellow 
artist through my art. Being able to make a living while living. 

- Goblin, Photographer
The Boogie Down Bronx, NY 


T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
  Health and Lifestyle Edition
________________________
________________________


If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?
Zoë Kravitz, I feel like we resemble one another ... She is just beautiful. 



Tell us two things that make you smile.

1) Seeing friends or fellow creatives succeeding in the things they thought was limited to a dream.

2) Photography and its ability to give me memories and connect me with people from around the world... Take a picture it'll last longer they said. 




What do you love about yourself?

I love everything about myself. I spent most of my life letting individuals plant seeds of insecurity in my head. Allowing opinions to ruin my life until one day, I woke up and told myself it was time to find peace and self love.

I admire how open to love I am but how I have no in betweens... Meaning either I fuck with you or I don't.



What is your to-go herb?

Herbs!? *sponge-bob meme* 



What is the first thing you grab when you have a cold?
I don't usually get sick *knocks on wood* but I would probably go with some jell-o made from my mom 👅




Name two people who influenced your journey thus far 


Naming two people who have influenced my journey would be unrealistic and unfair. Everyone I encounter in my life I feel has come to my life for a reason. Whether these people stay for a few days or years. Small or big everyone has had an impact on my journey. 

People say these beautiful things that just click in my head and I'll remember them forever. 





What have you been reading lately?

I am currently re-reading one of my mindfulness books called "Wherever You Go, There You Are." I am into reading about peace, happiness, and ways to meditateNot too long ago I finished the "Four Agreements" and will be going back to Barnes and Noble to purchase the other three books.




What are the three destinations of your dreams?

My three C's. 
Connecting. Creating. Cultivating. 




How would you describe your fashion style?

College student dropout meets runway or what my friends like to call urban OR what I like to call idgaf Ima wear this though.



What are your two favorite quotes of the moment?


"The axe forgets; the tree remembers", my collar bone tattoo. 

"I would die for you, but I won't live for you"


I do have a third one that's been playing in my head lately "This too, shall pass". This quote had never been so clear to me. 



Tell us one thing people would be surprised to know about you. 

Ahhh you know I'm going to tell you more than one right lol. I feel like ethnicity is something people are usually surprised about now a days. People never guess that I'm Dominican and the youngest of three. 



For you, Art is...

Art is self expression, it is a place we go to disappear and forget all about our sufferings. A place of colors, creativity, love, and no judgement. 





What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for life and all of those who have stopped by. 



According to you, what is the purpose of life?

The purpose of life is to wake up and stop dreaming within a dream. The sky isn't the limit, life goes on beyond that point. The purpose of life is to find our purpose and help others find theirs.





Connect with Goblin here: @nycgoblin | Website
Photos, courtesy of Goblin

__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Oyå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 

No comments:

Post a Comment