Thursday 30 June 2016

Nice to Meet You Mía Day • Dare to DREAM Series


Seeing the day that this world becomes one love and one faith. That day that we look for one another without interest, that we express how we feel without someone willing to hurt us. The day that we have true friends, friends that supports us no matter what, that are there in good like in bad. That day when we don’t have to see our loves ones die because of violence, hatred nor envy. That’s my dream in life and I know that it’s coming soon.

-  Mía Day
U.S. Virgin  Islands | Los Angeles, California

T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
  Health and Lifestyle Edition
________________________
________________________



If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?

I would play myself, because there’s no one that can play Me better than myself. I know my flaws and my strengths. I know me better than anyone in this world, except for our one and only mighty God, Jehovah. He knows me better than Me, Myself and I, because He is our creator.



Tell us two things that make you smile.

Watching others smile. Love seeing happiness, it makes me smile everyday. Also, when my husband wakes me up with coffee and a kiss! That makes my day!



What do you love about yourself?

I love everything about myself, especially my flaws, because it helps me to work harder on myself in becoming a better person.




What is your to-go herb?

As a student chef, I am exploring different types of spices to boost our taste buds. I love to be creative in my cooking and also love food with flavor but healthy. Some of my go-to herbs that I use are: cilantro, garlic, Chinese onions, oregano, pepper, cilantro seeds, and thyme. These are my essential seasoning tools. With these spices, I've created great plates. One of my favourite dishes is Stew Fish with Coconut Milk White Sauce. It's delish!



What is the first thing you grab when you have a cold?
I drink chamomile tea. It soothes me.




Name two people who influenced your journey thus far 

I will say my mom and my husband. Because they always believed in me. And even though I’ve been through hard times, they were always there to support me, no matter what. My mom taught me to face reality, to never freak out when bad times hits me. Also, that a great woman always communicates and confronts her fears. That built me into the strong woman that I am today. 




What have you been reading lately?
Jewels by Danielle Steele. Love her novels. She’s my favorite author.



How would you describe your fashion style?
It’s very vintage, hippie, classy and chic. Cute but comfortable.






What are the three destinations of your dreams?

- Italy
- Egypt
- London




What are your two favorite quotes of the moment?

"I will walk by faith even when I can not see." 2 Corinthians 5:7 

"Not every story is ours to tell."- quoted by me.  




Tell us one thing people would be surprised to know about you. 

I love to sing! I sing everywhere and anytime. While taking a shower, in the car, even the commercials I sing. (laughs)




For you, Art is...

A maze. You can’t accomplish it until you start lookin for it. Everything around us is art. The first smile of a newborn baby, the perfect scent of a flower. The giggles you listen of people when they are in joy. The scent of your favorite food, that smile we give when we know, that we are about to eat something we love. And the photographs we take to save our memories. Memories we constantly feel, that gives us a spark of happiness, while we are going through them.



What are you thankful for?
I’m thankful for knowing Jehovah God. For being alive, and for having great friends and family that loves me.




According to you, what is the purpose of life?

I will say that the purpose of life is serving the one who created us. He give us all of these wonderful gifts: life, family, love , friendship, the earth where we live on and all the wonders that we see in it. So, why don’t we serve Him in return?






Connect with Mía Day here: @sunrisesmile_jw
Photos, Courtesy of Mía Day 

__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Oyå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 

No comments:

Post a Comment