Thursday 30 June 2016

Nice to Meet You Claudja Joseph • Dare to DREAM Series


My dream is life... I wish that I find my purpose, that I pursue my passions, that I love without reason, never lose my sense of wonder and live my vision, that is my dream.

-  Claudja JosephMontreal, Canada
(Secretly represent Laval City)


T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
  Health and Lifestyle Edition
________________________
________________________



If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you and why?

Mmm, good one. Maybe Nia Long because she’s got that good girl next door aura, and she’s my secret female crush. She’s always been a little in the shadow, but doing her thing, and I like that.



Tell us two things that make you smile.
A breathtaking skyline, children’s laughter.




What do you love about yourself?
That I am a sensitive, creative, curious, generous, silly big kid at heart.





What is your to-go herb?
Mint! Fresh and tasty and so many uses.




What is the first thing you grab when you have a cold?
Ginger, honey, lemon (and rhum, depending on how bad the cold is!)




Name two people who influenced your journey thus far 

My aunt who passed away from cancer, she was a true ambitious and passionate and really lived and love fully, very inspiring, she died young, but lives on with me every day. 

God, truly, I cannot neglect the power of spirituality in my life, it grounds me, keeps me focused, reminds me to look at the bigger picture and to grow, learn, give love and continually become.



What have you been reading lately?

The issue is I have NOT been reading lately! ;) We started a book club with friends and the last book (that we never finished… aaah summertime...) was "My Brilliant Friend" by Elena Ferrante. I have to get crackin' :) I also have on my list "The gifts of Imperfection" by Brené Brown.



What are the three destinations of your dreams?


- South Africa
- Iceland
- India


How would you describe your fashion style?
A little garçon, a little edgy, a little sporty chic, simple, quirky, all about details.





What are your two favorite quotes of the moment?


"Let go, let love, let God." 

"Be you and the rest will be."



Tell us one thing people would be surprised to know about you. 

I actually am super shy, which people are always surprised to find out. My social bee character is actually a shield, that I have mastered throughout the years. Oh, and I don’t like sea food or chocolate!


What are you thankful for?

I am thankful for the opportunity to live this life, for my health, my family, my friends, the love that I get to give and that I receive in sevenfold, and for all the other adventures, learning and blessings in disguise I have yet to uncover. I’m truly, extremely thankful to be alive, well, and happy.

For you, Art is...

Art is life. Art is love. Art is expression and connection. Art is part of the cure.




According to you, what is the purpose of life?

Life is the purpose. We look so hard sometimes to achieve things, material things, and we get caught uP in the system, in the rules, in money, in our differences. Life to me is about balance, about love, about growth, about exploring. The purpose is to become, to stretch to our full capacity, to listen to the voices and the signs that come our way, and to truly be, just be, ourselves, positively, wholesome, and lovingly. But mostly, to never lose our magic. 



Connect with here: @colourofdaydreams
Photos, courtesy of Claudja Joseph

__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Oyå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment