Friday 12 June 2015

Nice to Meet You Leyda Figueroa | #DareToDream Interview Series by Naná Moon Oyå

Leyda Figueroa

My dream in life is to never stop dreaming.  
- Leyda Figueroa | Mother, Lover, and Massage Therapist, San Diego, USA

Motherhood is a choice, and what I call a D.R.E.A.M. job. There is no magic manual to guide us through it but when I look at Leyda Figueroa, I can't help but think: this could be it. I admire women who love themselves enough to turn away from a traditional set of beliefs toward one that better suits their personal philosophy of life. Leyda is a rare quintessential feminine essence with visionary tendencies and absolute joie de vivre. Just like our June celebration, she naturally encourages the committed love and joy of living. It is truly nice to meet such a soulful Mother who gracefully guide her child, also known as her teacher. 

The Interview 

Two things that make you smile. 
My son and THE sun.

What is your favourite spot in San Diego?
Ocean Beach (lots of hippies and lots of love).

Your three dream destinations.
The love tunnel in Ukraine, South Africa, and New Orleans. 

What music have you been listening on repeat lately?
I made a station on pandora under "common" and I can't get enough of what it plays. (A lot of old school Kanye, Erykah Badu, India Arie, and Mos Def. 

Leyda Figueroa

How would you describe your fashion style?
Some things old, some things new, some things borrowed, some things blue! ;)

Two things you could never leave home without. 
A positive mindset and sunglasses (even if it's rainy). 

What are your two favourite quotes of the moment?
"Happiness is an inside job" and "When the power of love overpowers the love of power, the world will know peace". (heart)

Tell me one thing people would be surprised to know about you.
I was in an opera. (My sister was the lead role, as always because she's seriously amazing, but I sang a few words and walked around the stage a bit).

For you Art is...
Love and passion displayed in a unique way to the world .

According to you, what is the purpose of life?
"Birth" is what my 6 year old son just answered when I asked him this question... and I couldn't agree more. If it's birth to a child, art, or anything! I feel like the purpose of life is to "birth" something beautiful enough that when you're gone, it can still give birth to something beautiful for centuries to come.  



DEFEND. You don't have to defend or explain your decisions to anyone but you must defend your beliefs. You must stand up for yourself even if nobody is on your side. REVOLUTIONIZE your world. Question things. Question everything. Break free from old restraints. ELEVATE. As in lifting others. ATTRACT what you expect. Reflect what you desire. MANIFEST your dreams into reality. The time is right to raise your glass to dreamers who never give up and manifest their dreams into reality.

Naná Moon Oyå

No comments:

Post a Comment