Tuesday 16 June 2015

Nice to Meet You I'Asha Jackson | #DareToDream Interview Series by Naná Moon Oyå

I'Asha Jackson
My dream is to live a life that I can truly say makes me happy; to be surrounded 
by people that love not only me, but also all of  “God’s” children, so I can maintain 
my positive energy and ultimately share that love and inspiration with the world. 
- I'Asha Jackson, Pittsburgh & Washington DC


I believe that the essence of a DREAMER is to be free. When you label yourself as part of a particular group, it will soon or later lead you to blind conformity. Let's take religion versus spirituality for instance. Morality has no religion. Love has no religion. God has no religion. Divinity is in you as it is in me. When you seek out answers for yourself, you are not afraid to question. Just like a child who questions every single thing around him, you realize that it's not about what to think but how to think. L'Asha Jackson is living proof that the time is always right to reconnect to our Inner Child and be free to live our dreams.

The Interview 

Two things that make you smile. 
My cat Star makes me smile. Whenever I need a break from things I play with her. She is so fat and so clumsy, I’m always laughing at her.


I recently read that adults don’t use their imagination enough. I know it sounds super corny, but I like to imagine and pretend. You know, fantasize. I can really fall victim to stress. So to keep a smile on my face I fantasize about what it will look like, how it will feel, to accomplish my goals, instead of ALL the things I have to do to get there. 

What is your favourite spot in Pittsburgh and/or Washington DC?
Home.

Without much hesitation, what are your three dream destinations?
-Egypt, for the ancient history.
-Rome, for the beautiful architecture.
-Las Vegas because it is the ‘NYC’ (my favorite city) of the west coast, and I have never been to the west coast.

What music have you been listening on repeat lately?
I have been listening to “La Vie Boheme” from the musical “RENT”. That is my absolute favorite musical/movie and I love the ‘bad-assness’ of breaking out in song and dancing on top of tables in the middle of a restaurant.




Two things you could never leave home without. 
My iPhone for three reasons: selfies, music and Google Maps and money because I can never return home without making at least one impulse purchase.

How would you describe your fashion style?
I think I dress how I feel colorful, comfortable, feminine... I HATE keeping up with the ‘trends’ I don’t like people knowing exactly, what season I bought my clothes, from what designers, at what price. I would much rather shop at a thrift store.

I'Asha Jackson

What are your two favourite quotes of the moment?
One of my favorite quotes is a quote by Audrey Hepburn. 
“I believe in pink. I believe laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.” I love this quote so much; I actually have a tattoo that reads ‘I believe in pink…’


Another favorite of mine is “A diamond is a piece of coal that handled stress exceptionally well.” I’m not sure who said that one.

Tell me one thing people would be surprised to know about you.

Wow, I’ve never put this out there in this fashion but I might as well… I am no longer a Christian. 

For you, a DREAMER is...

someone willing to make that itty-bitty idea in the back of their head, that no one else can understand, a reality by any and all means, because it is that important to HIM/HER.

According to you, what is the purpose of life?

The purpose of life is to create your OWN purpose. Create a new one everyday if you choose as long as it is centred in love.


I'Asha Jackson
___________

DEFEND. You don't have to defend or explain your decisions to anyone but you must defend your beliefs. You must stand up for yourself even if nobody is on your side. REVOLUTIONIZE your world. Question things. Question everything. Break free from old restraints. ELEVATE. As in lifting others. ATTRACT what you expect. Reflect what you desire. MANIFEST your dreams into reality. The time is right to raise your glass to dreamers who never give up and manifest their dreams into reality.

Naná Moon Oyå

No comments:

Post a Comment