Thursday 11 June 2015

Nice to Meet You Adriele Conceição | #DareToDream Interview by Naná Moon Oyå

Adriele Conceição for Aile Rėve
My dream is to expose my feelings and my desires, and defend my cause, freely. 
- Adriele Conceição | Salvador de Bahia, Brazil 

Sometimes we feel as if we're marching to a different drummer, and like Adriele Conceiçao, we probably are. The moment we close our eyes and carefully listen to that drummer, we innerstand that the drummer is simply the beat of our authentic self, trying to get our attention. No matter where we are in the world, it's all the same for everyone. Good vibes. Love. Pain. Struggle. Faith... The intense desire for freedom is truly a universoul language. Simply embrace who you are. Embrace your freedom. Nice to meet you Adriele Conceiçao, and thank you for your confidence of youth. 

The Interview 

Two things that make you smile. 
Being with my friends. Listening to good stories. 

What is your favourite spot in Salvador, Brazil?
A place called "Rio Vermelho" (which means Red River). 

What are the three destinations of your dreams?
I would really-really love to visit New York, but also England, and São Paulo which is a major city in Brazil.  

What music have you been listening on repeat lately?
I'm very eclectic but I listen to Beyoncé, Rihanna, Azealia Banks, and I have a passion for this Brazilian rapper named Karol Conka

Adriele Conceição for Aile Rėve


How would you describe your fashion style?
What I wear definitely describes the stages of my life. Right now, I would define it as a mixture of soft ghetto and afro punk. I find what I need in popular thrift stores. 

Two things you could never leave home without. 
Right now, sunglasses and a head scarf. 

What are your two favourite quotes of the moment?
1. “Do gueto ao luxo, do luxo ao gueto
Gueto é luxo, luxo é gueto” from Karol Conka

(Translation: Ghetto to luxury, from luxury to ghetto. Ghetto is luxury, luxury is ghetto)


2. "Você tem que ser o que você é independente do que as pessoas vão pensar." Something my mother always tells me.

(Translation: You have to be who you are no matter what people will think.) Shoutout to the mother!

Tell me one thing people would be surprised to know about you.
I am willing to suffer, fighting for the oppressed so I can live my freedom. 

For you Art is...
Freedom. 

According to you, what is the purpose of life?
I believe we are here for a reason. So the purpose of life is to make our mark in some way. 




___________

DEFEND. You don't have to defend or explain your decisions to anyone but you must defend your beliefs. You must stand up for yourself even if nobody is on your side. REVOLUTIONIZE your world. Question things. Question everything. Break free from old restraints. ELEVATE. As in lifting others. ATTRACT what you expect. Reflect what you desire. MANIFEST your dreams into reality. The time is right to raise your glass to dreamers who never give up and manifest their dreams into reality.

Naná Moon Oyå

No comments:

Post a Comment