Friday 26 June 2015

Nice to Meet You KEISH | #DareToDream Interview Series by Naná Moon Oyå

Art by KEISH


My dream in life might be something along the lines of helping others realize the beauty in things they were not able to notice before, through my art. I was born and raised in Montreal, currently living in Toronto. 
- KEISH | Toronto, Canada

People can imitate your style but they can't imitate your creativity. The beautiful thing about creating is that you put your unique stamp on whatever it is you're doing, so "different" is what you truly do. Keish is an ambitious, determined, intelligent, and refined young woman who gracefully brings to life one creation a week. She reminds us that a dream is a blank page, a blank canvas, a blank space. Like a thought, a dream without action is useless. Simply get going, and when you face the blank canvas of your life, believe in possibilities for they are infinite. Indeed,  It's really nice to meet you Keish!

Art by KEISH

The Interview 


Two things that make you smile
- Seeing an elderly couple still in love with each other. 
-  Large spicy vegetarian roti.


What is your favourite spot in Toronto?
I enjoy walking down Queens street (Downtown, Toronto)

Your three dream destinations.
- Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt
- Mamanuca Isouslands in Fiji
And
- Venice, Italy

What music have you been listening on repeat lately?
Whether I'm painting, chilling with friends or by myself Im obsessed with 'Soulection' on sound cloud. Their 3 hour playlists are so exhilarating. Never fails to give me goosebumps.






How would you describe your fashion style?
I don't pay much attention to fashion it really depends on the day and how I'm feeling. I can say that comfort comes first for me, and uniqueness is a must. I dislike wearing the latest fashion fad, I don't enjoy dressing like everyone else. I usually shop in vintage shops &/or boutiques and am often told that I dress/look like an artist, whatever that means. (laughs)


Art by KEISH

Two things you could never leave home without. 
- My BPA free water bottle
-This is such a conventional answer but like most of us in this day & age, ill have to say my celly.

What are your two favourite quotes of the moment?

-Life imitates art.
-The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Tell us one thing people would be surprised to know about you.
I can play the electric guitar.

For you Art is...
Art is poetry, drawing, painting, writing, dancing, creating music, spoken word...any form of self expression that emits beauty to be appreciated.

According to you, what is the purpose of life?
That's a tough one. All I know is that living in negativity, stress and misery is definitely not the way life should be lived. I feel the purpose of life should be to grow and share your knowledge & experiences with one another, helping build each other up while spreading positivity, peace and love. All in all, everyone's purpose is different but they all trickle down to a similar positive result.

___________

DEFEND. You don't have to defend or explain your decisions to anyone but you must defend your beliefs. You must stand up for yourself even if nobody is on your side. REVOLUTIONIZE your world. Question things. Question everything. Break free from old restraints. ELEVATE. As in lifting others. ATTRACT what you expect. Reflect what you desire. MANIFEST your dreams into reality. The time is right to raise your glass to dreamers who never give up and manifest their dreams into reality.

Naná Moon Oyå

No comments:

Post a Comment