Saturday 9 April 2016

Nice to Meet You Iris Linares from #NYEJuicing • Soulful Entrepreneur • Dare to DREAM Series


I feel like I am living a part of my dream, which is to be doing something
I love and embrace, by accepting who I have become. Part of my dream
 is also to love and fully accept who I am; something I denied myself to do 
for a very long time and that I am still learning to do. 


Iris Linares, Montreal (Canada)
Photo, courtesy of Iris Linares



• T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
________________________
________________________


If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you, and why?
Gina Rodriguez. She plays in Jane the Virgin (one of my favourite shows). We do not look a like but she seems to be someone who embraces life and who makes the best out of a situation. I also find she is a model for young Latin American women who do not always fit the mole of being the “sexy Latina”, she stands out due to her difference that’s why she is an inspiration to me. 




What do you love about yourself?
I love that I smile with my heart and feel my emotions so deeply that it makes me embrace my life and the essence of my journey in this world. 




What have you been reading lately?
"The Forty rules of Love" by Elif Shafak, "The Architects Apprentice" also by Elif Shafak, and lots of self-empowering books.




Two things that make you smile.
The sun and my passion planner.




Name two people who have influenced your journey thus far.
The first one would be my mother. She loves me as I am and showed me how to become the person I am meant to be.

The second one Elif Shafak for her book “The Forty Rules of Love”. That book made me understand why it is important to F.L.Y before you can let anyone else enter your world. 






What do you like about juicing?
It is now a full time passion… so that’s what I like about it because it brought purpose to my life. 




Two favorite quotes every soulful entrepreneur should live by.
"Change is the only constant." 
Honestly things have changed a whole lot and as an entrepreneur you always have to be ready to face the waves life throws at you.

“The dream is free. The hustle is sold separately”. 
You can dream and wish upon your lucky star all you want, but like princess Tiana in The Princess and the Frog (of course I had to answer this with a Disney reference, lol), hard work is what makes the difference and gives you satisfaction at the end of the day! 




Three destinations of your dreams.
Bali, California, and Egypt.




How would you describe your fashion style?
I have a lot of sneakers…and a few heels... comfy/ chic? Is that a thing? (laughs)




Tell us one pleasant thing people would be surprised to know about you.
I eat my cereals with juice… (laughs) I’ll just leave that there. (laughs)




For you, Art is...
The soul expressing itself in a tangible manner as the artist is trying to make sense of the world around them.



According to you, what is the purpose of life?
It is to find the hidden beauty of the ugly world we live in. In other words you have to be courageous enough to stand by yourself and be yourself in a world that wants to suppress your uniqueness and who is scared of your inner power. Release it and watch the universe talk to you. 

Connect with Iris Linares (NYE Juicing) here: @notyourexotic

__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Watå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 


No comments:

Post a Comment