Saturday 21 November 2015

Nice to Meet You Widline Desir • Dare to DREA Series


My dream in life is my deepest secret. I have never shared it with anyone. But when it happens, only then will I be ready to leave this weird planet and go home.

- Widline Desir, Montreal
Andy  Voss Photography


T H E   I N T E R V I E W 
____________________
____________________


When I think of you as a model, I see a fun and fearless down-to-earth woman who is naturally comfy in her own skin. What's the worst preconceived idea people have about models?

Why thank you! You have to find a way to be happy and comfortable in your skin. I mean, life will be long and miserable if you don't try. 

People often think that models are superficials and self-centered. The girls I have met are some of the nicest kindness people with the biggest heart. And if you think models don't eat, wait 'till you spend a day with them! 



If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you, and why? 
Whoopi Goldberg. She would make me relevant!  I think she would understand my awkwardness and she would portray me with sincerity and humor. 




Can you share with us how you got your start in modelling? 
It was many moons ago when I did this fashion show. I have no idea how I ended up there but I do remember I was so bad at it! Then I did a couple more. Still awful! My friends Melissa Zibi and Paule Mari Assandre are the reasons I'm still pretending to be a model. 


What have you been reading lately?
My last reading was "I know why the caged bird sings" by the late Dr. Maya Angelou. 


Andy Voss Photography



How would you describe your fashion style?
I'm a hobo. You will never see me wearing a deep plunging neckline or any kind of plunging neckline. I love me a high neck. Other than that, I'll just wear pretty much anything I'm comfortable in. 



What are the first 5 words that come to mind when you think about R&B?
Love, Love, Love, Love and Love.



Why has R&B never died? 
Because you can't kill Love.


Can you share with us one pleasant thing we would be surprised to know about you?

I don't know if it's pleasant, but I'm a loner. I love being home, reading or binge watching series, eating pop corn with a nice bottle of red wine. I'm a cat lady in the making! 


For you, Art is…
Remedy.

According to you, what is the purpose of life?
To be happy.


Andy Voss Photography


____________________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry. 

Naná Moon Hatshepsut
Empress @AileReve

No comments:

Post a Comment