Sunday 28 February 2016

Nice to Meet You Noxolo Ntintili | #DareToDream Interview Series by Naná Moon Oyå

Noxolo Ntintili



My dream is to die having lived a meaningful life. I want to educate and liberate through art; whether it be through photography, music, or whatever my interest will be next week (my interests are too dynamic and ever-changing). My dreams are limitless; but ultimately I want to create a growing awareness and change the narrow-minded and myopic perceptions people have about natural beauty, specifically but not limited to Black Beauty. I represent Johannesburg- The City of Gold and growing dreams. 
- Noxolo NtintiliJohannesburg, South Africa
Photos, courtesy of Noxolo Ntintili


The greatest lesson Mothers teach is that the life we want is on the other side of the labour pains it takes to birth it. Once this life sees the light, it grows, it transforms, it heals, it dies a few times only to live again. Change is the only constant and Noxolo Ntintili is an enchanting DREAMER who is undoubtedly here to become more and more herself. Being natural is not a statement, it is the closest we all get to being ourselves, and being ourselves allows us to manifest immortality. Dreams are real! Nice to meet you Noxolo!
Naná


• T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
________________________
________________________

Noxolo Ntintili

If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you, and why?
Lord! Yaya DaCosta, Anyday! She has personality, she is stylish and embraces her natural beauty. She is dynamic and bold. I think she would know just what to do.

What is your favourite spot in Johannesburg?
Braamfontein, it's where all the artistic and lively beings are.

Your three dream destinations.
Angola, Paris and London

What music have you been listening on repeat lately?
SZA, Meshell Ndegeocello, Laura Mvula, Daughter,  Asa, Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu, The Soil and Little Dragon.


Noxolo Ntintili

How would you describe your fashion style?
I would like to believe that I'm versatile when it comes to fashion. But I think my style is Street Conscious, Urban Chic monitored by comfort.

Two things you could never leave home without. 
The right attitude and my cellphone (with earphones plugged).

What are your two favourite quotes of the moment?

"Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace."
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

"Beauty is so much more than just skin. The feast of the eyes supplies a mere fraction of what lies within. Not just the curves of hips and lips, it's the mind that draws me in."
- Big Rube
From left to right, Noxolo, Oprah, Noxolo's late Mother - may she rests in power. 

Name three people who influenced your journey, and how.

My mother: She taught me how to be resilient, humble and loving and hard working.

Oprah Winfrey: She has taught me the power of giving, and that of gratitude. She has been a mother in many ways and has helped me in my journey of self discovery and has contributed to watering the seed that will feed many nations.

Dwana Smallwood: She was my 9th grade dance teacher. She cultivated the soul in me and made me conscious of my inner beauty. She was strict, but every second was worth it. She taught me how to love my body in its entirety.

For you Art is...
Oxygen. There is no life without art; art is that coil in my kinks. It is expression- it is healing.


According to you, what is the purpose of life?
Life is aligned with growth, and with growth comes rediscovery. The cycle of life exists so that we may learn. Humans are ever changing beings; so the life is a canvas for the art of living, and dreaming. 

Connect with Noxolo Ntintili via @blue_paradiseus
___________

Naná Moon Oyå

2 comments: