Sunday 1 May 2016

Nice to Meet You Marie (Miji) Kouassi • The Miji Mojo


"I'm from Abidjan (Ivory Coast) and I live in Paris. I'm a Fashion Blogger who has just finished her studies so now I'm a Telecommunications and Networks Engineer. For me fashion is about discovering Yourself, expressing Yourself. It might sound too "cliché" but I really think that Fashion is the best way to express who we are, our personality. 

My dream in life is to be happy with myself in all my 'different lives' : personal, professional, family life, love life. I think this balance is what everyone needs."

Miji Kouassi | The Miji Mojo
Photo, Régis Doumouya
Paris | France



• T H E   I N T E R V I E W • 
________________________
________________________


Tell us one pleasant thing people would be surprised to know about you.
Hum.. I could watch Dragon Ball Z episodes, all day! I love this thing! (Smile)



What do you love about yourself?

It's a very difficult question... 
Unfortunately, it is more easy for us to say what we don't like about ourselves... 
I think I love how determined I am when I have an objective. I give myself the tools to succeed and I am not afraid of challenges.


Photo, Régis Doumouya


Two things that make you smile.
I'm a person who's always smiling. My sport teacher thinks I'm joking about her during her class because I'm always smiling. Babies also make me smile. (laughs) 



Name two people who have influenced your journey thus far.

The ultimate person who has influenced me is my mother. I never told her but for me it's the strongest woman I have ever seen. She gives me the strength to do my best. She built who I am and she has never stopped telling me that I can do everything I want because I am special.
The other person is a friend of mine, Alexandra. She encouraged me to start my first blog. She told me I could do it if I really wanted to. She taught me how to love my beautiful hair. She is a woman of God. And I really want to put God first in my life as she does.



Three destinations of your dreams.

Brazil because I want to walk on the Rio de Janeiro beach with a micro bikini (laughs). It is kind of a dream. 

Japan because it is an unknown civilisation for me and I am sure that it would be a great experience. 

Australia because it seems so far away for me.

Photo, Régis Doumouya


How would you describe your fashion style?

I don't have that "one" fashion style. My style depends on my mood, and I have many moods. I am an impulsive person and so is my style. I mix and match pieces from differents styles.  One day, I want to be classic, the other I want to be more fearless and wild. But I always follow these two rules:


  • Even if my outfit is classic, there will be always an eye-catchy piece, something that stands out.
  • I listen to myself, so I dress to please myself. 


Two things you could never leave home without.

My phone and my metro pass.



For you, Art is...
For me, Art is the expression of someone's heart. You feel something and you try to show what you're feeling. And the people who see the artist's expression can feel a different thing, which is okay. People can say "I love it", "I don't like it", "It makes me cry", "It is ugly" or "I don't know, I feel nothing". This is Art for me. The "consequences" are not predetermined. And we are free to give our interpretation. So... can I say that Art is Freedom? 



According to you, what is the purpose of life?
My mother used to tell me that I could do everything I wanted in my life and that I had a huge potential. I agree with her and I think that everybody has a huge potential. We have to discover this strength and make sure that the world will also see our potential in the things that we do. We have to give the best we can. It's about projects, relationships... At the end of my life, I want to tell to myself "Good Job girl! You did everything you loved and you gave it all you've got. No regrets." Happiness comes with it.  It's my purpose of life. (Smile)

Connect with Marie Kouassi here: The Miji Mojo

__________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is our way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The NTMY allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, humility, and poetry.

Anaëlle Naná Moon Watå
Mermaid-in-Chief @AileReve 


No comments:

Post a Comment