Saturday 3 October 2015

Nice to Meet You Magali Fergie, Dare to D.R.E.A.M. Interview Series

Photo: Jigeen 
 "I’m a scientist teacher in high school (I'm actually classless right now because to find a job as a scientist teacher is a pain in the ass, clearly should have been a French teacher or in kindergarten…). I dance when I have time, I’m the coolest aunty ever, I’m part of the NGO Afrikawaly (google us) and I’m one of the coordinator of Articien (google it too). I have a brand of t-shirt called “SHDC” which stands for “Short Hair Don’t Care”. I made them because I wanted women with short hair to feel pretty, feminine and good in their own skin! No offense to long hair women , I know y'all don’t care either and this is exactly the point: Hair is just hair and every women are beautiful either they have long hair or short hair... Besides seeing Kendrick Lamar on stage — I was so close so many times (laughs), my dream is to open an orphanage."   
                                                    - Magali Fergie, Montreal

T H E    I N T E R V I E W

If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you, and why? Traci Ellis Ross would play me… I think she’s as crazy as she’s smart (laughs). I love her acting, the faces that she can make… I do faces all the time too, so she’ll do great!!! And I love her ass so yeah, I give her the role!

How would you describe your fashion style? Euh… I’m not really the big fashion person I dress how I feel, most of the time I’m sexy (ahahah) but never trashy… If there is something noticeable about my style is that I wear a lot of crop tops!


What are you thankful for? I’m thankful for my family and my friends, they are my foundation, they keep my grounded and they always have my back!

Two things you could never leave home without. Earrings… I feel naked without them…And Vaseline to put on my lips (omg that sounds crazy (laughs) but I have a small jar of Vaseline in almost all my bags so that even if I change my bag, TAH DAH Vaseline is around… my lips dry fast…).

Tell us two things that make you smile. A child smiling… I die for children… I can’t deal, they make my heart melts and when my boo says he loves me (yes I’m a romantic :D)

Photo: Courtesy of Magali Fergie

Without much hesitation, what are you three dream destinations?
DR Congo, Jamaica and Brazil

What music have you been listening on repeat lately?
To Pimp A Butterfly: Kendrick Lamar… Love it, Love him

What are your two favorite quotes of the moment?

“I don’t have time to be brought down” – Serena Williams
“Don’t be a Do Nothing Bitch” – Ronda Rousey

For you, art is...
A gift God gave us to spice up our life.

According to you, what is the purpose of life? 
The purpose of life is to get to know yourself better, so that you can find what makes you happy and be fearless enough to claim it!!!


Short Hair Don't Care by Magali Fergie x Shop HERE


___________

The Nice to Meet You Interview is Aile Rėve's signature. It is a way to soulfully connect with the artist and visionary. The N.T.M.Y allows us to take off for a voyage into the furthest reaches of their mind, with love, confidence, humility, and poetry. 

L’entrevue “Nice to Meet You” est la signature d'Aile Rėve. C’est une façon de connecter avec l’artiste et le visionnaire de manière atypique. Un voyage dans un univers créatif, avec amour, respect, confiance, humilité et poésie. 


Anaëlle Naná Moon Oyå

No comments:

Post a Comment